KNOW YOUR NUMBERS. EXTEND YOUR LIFE.
A biometric screening will help you to understand the state of your health so that you can take the necessary steps to improve it. During the screening, a medical professional will collect several measurements — such as height and weight — and take a sample of your blood that will be used to determine your glucose levels and triglycerides. The biometric screening does not test for illicit drugs, HIV/AIDS, or hepatitis. Individual screening results are not shared with your employer.
SHBP-sponsored Screening Events will be offered throughout the State of Georgia between March and September 2019.
If you choose to go to your physician, the 2019 Physician Screening Form must be signed, dated and received by Sharecare no later than November 30th, 2019 to qualify towards the well-being incentive points.
HOW YOU BENEFIT:
- You will see your screening results in your Health Profile on the Sharecare app or desktop companion
- You get a detailed explanation of what your numbers may mean and the healthy target ranges
Download the handout (PDF)
- You learn about areas for improvement and recommendations, if needed
You can get your biometric screening either onsite by attending an SHBP-sponsored Screening Event or by your personal Physician. Find out more about these two options below.
PREPARE FOR YOUR SCREENING
Here is how you can make sure to have a successful screening experience:
- Although not required, we recommend fasting for at least nine (9) hours prior to your screening; this includes all food and drinks except for water.
- Failure to properly fast may result in inaccurate blood test results. (If you have a health condition, such as diabetes or pregnancy, or any other medical concerns, consult a doctor before fasting).
- Drink plenty of water to make it easier to give a sample of your blood.
- Continue taking medications as prescribed the day of the screening.*
- Arrive 5 minutes before your scheduled time.
- Allow about 15 minutes for your screening.
*Follow your doctor’s instructions for taking your medications, including taking them with food if necessary.
GET SCREENED ONSITE
GET SCREENED AT AN SHBP‑SPONSORED SCREENING EVENT.
SHBP-sponsored Screening Events are held at different worksite locations throughout the State of Georgia from March 2019 through September 2019. Click below to schedule your appointment.
GET SCREENED BY YOUR DOCTOR
GET SCREENED BY YOUR PERSONAL PHYSICIAN.
The 2019 Physician Screening Form is a form that your physician can complete with biometric results from your next well-being visit or annual physical exam. Download a 2019 Physician Screening Form by clicking below and print a copy to take with you to your doctor’s appointment. Make sure to follow the directions and mail your completed form to the return address or fax to the number as listed on the form or you can submit your form online using the link below. All 2019 Physician Screening Forms must be completed in full and received by Sharecare no later than November 30th, 2019.
Please note: The new fax number to send your 2019 Physician Screening Form is 678-383-4542.