WHETHER YOU WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT, QUIT SMOKING, LOWER STRESS OR KEEP YOUR FAMILY HEALTHY, YOU HAVE THE TOOLS TO REACH YOUR GOALS:
GET A SHARECARE WELL-BEING COACH.
Coaching helps you find opportunities to improve your well-being every day. Through convenient 10-15 minute sessions, your coach guides you through healthy behavior changes by building on your strengths. All calls are scheduled at your convenience and on your timeline. If you complete four coaching sessions and your RealAge test you can earn up to 240 well-being incentive credits. You can complete as many coaching calls as you like in a month; however, a maximum of one call in a calendar month qualifies you for the 60 well-being incentive credits.
WITH HELP FROM YOUR WELL-BEING COACH YOU CAN:
- Better understand and reduce your health risks
- Get answers to your health questions
- Find support to gain more control over your health
- Learn how to manage stress
- Get to or maintain a healthy weight
- Find ways to get more activity
- Set goals to reach your healthy best
- Quit tobacco for good
WHAT ABOUT HEALTH COACHING FROM MY HEALTH PLAN?
You can participate in Sharecare’s well-being coaching program in addition to Health Coaching offered through Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Georgia or UnitedHealthcare. Sharecare well-being coaching focuses on lifestyle changes, while your Health Plan Coaching provides you the option to coach with a nurse to help manage chronic health conditions. While both coaching sessions are important and valuable, you can earn 240 well-being incentive credits with Sharecare’s well-being coaching (Health Plan Coaching does not offer well-being incentive credits).
DON’T QUIT ALONE. YOU HAVE SUPPORT.
Quitting tobacco can be easier than you would think; with QuitNet® to guide and support you. QuitNet lets you choose the support that works best for you. You can choose to participate in the online version of QuitNet or through the phone coaching QuitNet. Or you may choose a combination of the two to help you quit. It’s confidential, voluntary, and is no additional cost to you.
- Set a quit date to mark milestones and track your progress.
- Create a personal profile to connect with other members.
- Take the daily pledge to stay quit.
- Download the Quit Guide.
- Share your feelings, and give and receive encouragement.
- Send and receive private messages with other members and expert coaches.
- Calculate the savings you’ll gain when you quit, and more.
PHONE COACHING QUITNET:
- Made up of a series of five (5) required telephonic calls with a well-being coach including a quit date call and post quit date calls.
- Phone coaching can be completed in as little as 6 weeks.
- If at any time you backtrack and need to restart the program, you can set a new quit date and try again.
- Enroll in the coaching program as many times as you like or feel you need.
HOW YOU BENEFIT:
- You get support that fits your specific needs through personal coaching from an expert who understands what you’re going through.
- You choose how you get support and how often, over the phone or online.
- Learn strategies for dealing with cravings and avoiding weight gain.
- Participation can qualify you to have the monthly tobacco surcharge removed.
(More information coming soon.)
WHAT PREVENTIVE CARE DO YOU NEED?
You know that saying, “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure”? It’s true. Nothing beats staying in control of your health. In fact, the best time to see your doctor is when nothing hurts. Health impacts your entire life, including your ability to earn a living, care for your family and interact with friends. That’s why your preventive care is so important.
WHAT’S RIGHT FOR ME?
How often and what kind of preventive care you need depends on your age, gender, current health and family history. After you take your RealAge®, the Sharecare application will remind you when it’s time for various screenings based on your age and health status.
WHAT WILL I PAY?
Preventive care is covered at 100% as long as it is provided through an in-network provider and properly coded as preventive care. To learn more, call your Medical Claims Administrator’s Member Services phone number on back of your member ID card for details on coverage or visit their website. To learn more about vaccines, please see the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website: CDC.GOV.
Preventive Care Checklist
RESOURCES FOR FAMILIES AND SCHOOLS
CREATING A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE FOR YOUR FAMILY.
As parents and caregivers, you play an important role in making healthy choices for your family but also teaching kids to make healthy choices for themselves. BeWell SHBP focuses on improving family well-being and reducing childhood obesity by providing resources and tools for parents, children and schools. By taking advantage of the BeWell SHBP tools and resources, you are taking the first step to making the healthy choice, the easy choice for you and your family.
There are three important areas to focus on when making healthy choices for you and your family.
- Eating more fruits and vegetables
- Increasing physical activity
- Reducing screen time
WHAT CAN I DO TO GET STARTED?
Getting started shouldn’t feel overwhelming. Start by following some of the many health topics related to healthy families on the Sharecare platform. Simply to the Healthy Topic section and scroll through the over 150 topics. Once you follow the topic, Sharecare will do the rest. Look for quick and easy tips within your timeline each day.
OTHER EASY AND HEALTHY TIPS INCLUDE:
- Taking the family hiking or bowling
- Add one healthy vegetable to lunch and dinner each day
- Volunteer for committees to help create safe parks and playgrounds
- Ask your school to provide 30 minutes of physical activity each day for kids while at school or to build a school garden to teach kids about fresh fruits and vegetables
- Buy and serve healthy meals for you and your family
- Go for a walk as a family.
Don’t worry about getting it perfect; just taking action is the most important part.
TOOLS AND RESOURCES
Use the link below to enroll or keep moving with Health in Motion.
TOOLS AND RESOURCES FOR PARENTS
FAMILY CENTERED WELL-BEING COACHING WITH REGISTERED DIETITIANS
Sharecare well-being coaches are trained to support family-centered coaching by tailoring each session to focus on helping family members achieve a healthy weight, address picky eating, planning healthy dinners and more. Learn how you and your family can increase activity, eat more fruits and vegetables and reduce sedentary time (and how to make it fun for kids). If appropriate, your coach can refer you to a Sharecare Registered Dietitian.
TO ENROLL IN WELL-BEING COACHING, CALL SHARECARE AT 888-616-6411 (8 A.M. – 8 P.M.).
TOOLS AND RESOURCES FOR KIDS
HEALTH IN MOTION ONLINE RESOURCE TOOL
BeWell SHBP offers an online interactive tool designed for children ages 10 through 18 (generally grades 6-12), which focuses on promoting healthy lifestyles and behaviors that are known to prevent obesity.
The program is designed to help youth adopt three specific behaviors:
1) Increasing physical activity; 2) eating more fruits and vegetables; and 3) reducing screen time.
It is a great way to reinforce what you are learning on your coaching calls.
Brochure includes a FAQ section and step-by-step enrollment guide.
FAMILY WELL-BEING GUIDE
Health In Motion also provides a family well-being guide to accompany the online program. This short guide, offers parents:
- Information on critical behaviors for promoting energy balance and preventing obesity among children including physical activity, fruit and vegetable consumption, and limited screen time.
- Guidance on assessing how ready their child is to meet national guidelines for these behaviors.
- Tips for encouraging healthy lifestyles at home.
Use the guide in connection with the online Health In Motion tool or just by itself.
TOOLS AND RESOURCES FOR SCHOOLS
Schools play a critical role in a child’s health. By focusing on healthy foods and physical activity in schools we are helping to reverse the childhood obesity epidemic and provide children a strong foundation for health and learning. Here are a few ideas to help you and your school get started.
WALKING SCHOOL BUS:
A Walking School Bus is a group of students who walk to school accompanied by one or more adults. Starting a Walking School Bus is fairly simple and involves contacting interested students and parents, locating a route, identifying adult supervisors and finalizing the logistics.
School garden programs offer multiple opportunities for students to gain knowledge and skills regarding food systems and to realize the connections between food and environment, to promote healthy eating.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY FOR ALL STUDENTS:
Adopt and enforce a policy that requires 30 minutes of physical activity per day in elementary schools and 45 minutes of physical activity per day in middle and high schools.
For more ideas, follow family health topics on the Sharecare platform. Go to health topics and scroll through over 150 topics to find what interests you and your family.
UPDATE YOUR SCHOOL WELL-BEING POLICY
Make sure your school well-being policy is working to make the healthy choice, the easy choice in your school environment. Get involved.